Help throw concerts, work with your favorite artists and bring joy to thousands of fans every year! The Joy Theater is a historic theater in the heart of downtown NOLA that hosts hundreds of live performance events each year from all genres, featuring both local and nationally touring artists.
See below for available positions and apply at [email protected]
The Marketing Manager is key to helping create, execute, and analyze marketing campaigns for the venue. The role requires applied marketing knowledge, creative problem solving, analytical skills and continual attention to marketing efforts that drive attention, engagement, and revenue. He/she must excel in a very fast paced environment and be comfortable working outside of traditional business hours for all events taking place within the venue.
Location: New Orleans, LA (although remote day-to-day)
- Develop, distribute and implement show marketing plans – planning and executing campaigns, communicating to key stakeholders (managers, agents, etc.), managing timelines and budgets, and reporting.
- Run marketing, advertising, organic, grassroots and promotional campaigns to ensure a successful event.
- Traditional media buying, including negotiating, scheduling and auditing all traditional ad buys (radio, print, out of home, etc)
- Assist or otherwise wholly manage digital advertising campaigns across social, search, display and other channels.
- Maintain content calendar to promote concerts across social media channels.
- Manage email and SMS campaigns, including planning, content creation, audience segmentation and distribution.
- Develop and coordinate organic promotions, giveaways and contesting with local media partners, businesses, grassroots initiatives, etc
- Assist in or otherwise wholly execute basic graphic design and creative needs to support promotional efforts.
- Assist in the creation, coordination and management of proper media mix campaigns to ensure a high return on ad spend per show
- Manage centralized concert database, including inputting relevant show information, expenses and other details to ensure accuracy across all departments and sub-departments.
- Monitor ticket sales, analytics and other touchpoints to regularly adjust marketing strategies in response to real-time data.
- Develop and manage the street team
- Create content calendar and implement consistent messaging across social media accounts
- Pitch stories and develop relationships with industry related reporters and
- Oversight of websites specific to content continuity
- Promote non-show related opportunities (e.g. venue merch, private events, etc).
- Developing relationships with local businesses and community groups as the de facto marketing contact for the venue.
- Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future
- Assist with the setup of press conferences and photo opportunities, as
- Budget control including oversight of best practices for spend allocations, and strategies best suited for each event
- Assist the operations team with events and shows at the venue.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
- A minimum of 2-3 years of related work experience in the music/ live events industry
- Must have knowledge of major social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Must have knowledge of major digital advertising platforms (Meta Ads Manager, Google Ads, etc)
- Strong communication skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and ability to learn required business systems.
- Knowledge of graphic design systems: Adobe, Photoshop, illustrator, etc.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently
- Must have outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of music industry preferred
- Due to nature of business will be required to work select nights, weekends and holidays.
- Previous venue experience preferred
- Must have the ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness
- Must be flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole
- Reporting will be to The Joy Theater GM and Stage Right Marketing Director.